UFC 2019 Live Stream: The UFC is hosting a PPV event in Abu Dhabi, with the card headlined by a highly anticipated title unification bout between lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and interim champ Dustin Poirier.
Before any of the bouts become official though, the fighters first have to tip the scales at their contracted weights. Khabib has had weight issues in the past, so this is one to keep an eye out for during the event.
The early — and official — weigh ins go live at 1 a.m. ET.
The ceremonial weigh ins happen later in the day, at 10 a.m. ET, and you can check that out along with the full fight card below:
The UFC lightweight title will be unified in Abu Dhabi on Saturday when champion Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to the Octagon for the first time since his fourth-round submission of Conor McGregor to face interim titlist Dustin Poirier in a highly anticipated showdown.
Poirier earned the right to unify the titles when he put an end to Max Holloway’s 13 fight winning streak with a unanimous decision victory to claim the interim title back in April. The victory was Poirier’s fourth in a row as the surging 30-year-old looks to fulfill his prophecy of becoming unified champion against one of MMA’s finest.
Nurmagomedov makes his highly anticipated return to the Octagon after serving a nine-month suspension for his role in the melee that followed his submission of McGregor last October. The 30-year-old remains unbeaten in his career with a remarkable record of 27-0 (11-0 UFC) and having only lost a single round in his MMA career.
With the lightweight division fully loaded with talent, the winner can stake their claim as the best in the UFC.
It’s one of the most highly anticipated showdowns of 2019 and Sporting News will deliver the play by play from all the action overseas.
UFC 242 Live Results, Ppdates
Stay locked in as Sporting News will have live coverage of UFC 242 which is highlighted by the return of lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
UFC 242 Fight Card
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Dustin Poirier (ic) in a Lightweight title unification fight
- Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder; Lightweight
- Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos; Lightweight
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov; Heavyweight
- Mairbek Taisumov vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira; Lightweight
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Andrea Lee; Women’s Flyweight
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Lerone Murphy; Featherweight
- Liana Jojua vs. Sarah Moras; Catchweight (138 lbs.)
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalén; Lightweight
- Belal Muhammad vs. Takashi Sato; Welterweight
- Nordine Taleb vs. Muslim Salikhov; Welterweight
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Zak Cummings; Middleweight
- Don Madge vs. Fares Ziam; Lightweight
UFC 242 latest news
– Khabib Nurmagomedov is considered by many the best fighter in the world. But is he as good as people think? Sporting News breaks it down.
– Twenty-seven have tried and twenty-seven have failed. But Dustin Poirier tells SN that feels he’s the one to crack the code.
– Nurmagomedov skipped the UFC 242 media day on Thursday to the chargrin of many. But to his displeasure, the UFC made him talk on Friday.
– Heavyweight contender Curtis Blaydes is excited for his UFC 242 fight but he looks to be more thrilled to see Nurmagomedov return to the octagon.